You know fall is around the corner when stores start blasting pumpkin EVERYTHING! Ironically enough, so many of the products displayed as pumpkin pie products, actually contain no pumpkin. Starbucks reformulated their pumpkin pie latte this season to actually include pumpkin. Interesting.
I’m sorry to burst your “fall bubble”, but here is the low down on your favourite drink (straight from the Starbucks website.)
A grande (medium) Pumpkin Spice latte, with NO whipped cream and non-fat milk is a whopping 260 calories, 49 grams of sugar, and 51 grams of carbs, at around 5$ a drink.
If you’d prefer to save yourself the money (and calories), try this easy, delicious pumpkin pie protein shake!
- 1 cup egg whites (Yes, I know, this may sound gross, but you can’t even taste them- honestly!)
- 1/4 cup almond milk (You could use coconut milk or a coconut/almond blend, whatever you have!)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree (Make sure it doesn’t say pumpkin pie filling!)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste (I found mine at the Bulk Barn, you can find the exact brand here on Amazon)
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie spice
- 1-2 squirts liquid (or 1/4 tsp powder) stevia (OR 1 tsp maple syrup)
- approx 3/4-1 cup ice
Add everything into a Magic Bullet or Ninja blender, and blend until throughly blended!
Calories: 167, 1 gram of fat, 8 grams of carbs, 29 grams of protein
If you think you may enjoy this, or know someone who might,
please “share” this with your friends and family on Facebook,and post a comment below!