One of my absolutely favorite “fast food” places is Quesada Burritos & Tacos!
I ALWAYS get the burrito bowl with flame grilled chicken and tons of cilantro- so much cilantro I am confident the employees refer to me as “that cilantro girl” LOL.
Replicating this at home is SUPER EASY!!!
At the grocery store, grab the following:
- 1 can of corn
- 1 can of black or pinto beans
- 1 bag/clamshell of greens (I like to use arugula but you could use spinach, kale, lettuce greens, etc!)
- 1 container of Red Beet and Red Cabbage Sauerkraut (Found in cold section of organic aisle)
- Red pepper (or any other colour of pepper you like)
- Meat (or for you vegans/vegetarians; TVP Textured Vegetable Protein)
- Simply Organic Taco Seasoning (or other taco seasoning)
- 1 avocado
INGREDIENTS (1 SERVING):
- 1 tbsp corn
- 1 tbsp black beans (or pinto beans)
- handful of greens
- 1 tbsp Red Beet and Red Cabbage Sauerkraut
- 1/2 diced red pepper
- 3-4 ounces meat or meat replacement (for this I used ground turkey spiced with Simply Organic Taco Seasoning (found in organic aisle)
- handful of cilantro
- juice from 1/2 lime
- 1/2 diced avocado (I use Simply Organic Guacamole Dip Mix)
- Cook meat (or meat alternative) in taco seasoning.
- While cooking, prepare the salad. Place greens on place and add corn, beans, sauerkraut, red pepper, cilantro, and juice from lime.
- Prepare the guacamole based on the recipe on the back of the dip mix.
- Once meat is done cooking, add to salad! Voila!
Chef’s Tip: You could also add some broken up tortilla chips as well if you like!