I have never been a coffee drinker- I dislike the taste of it, but I’ve ALWAYS LOVED chai lattes and iced lattes from Starbucks.
Today I re-created one of my favorite drinks. I blended this with ice, but I think it would be equally as good done as an iced latte!
After you try it, be sure to let me know in the comments which you prefer!
- 1/2 cup- 1 cup (use more if you want a stronger Chai flavor) brewed Chai tea
- 1 scoop Vanilla protein powder (I use XPN IsoXtreme)
- 2 pumps Starbucks Sugar Free Vanilla Syrup
- 1 cup unsweetened Almond milk
- 1 cup ice
1. Boil 2 cups of water and add 4 Chai teabags to steep for approx 5 mins. (Recommendation: I brew this 2x as strong as a normal tea, eg: 2 bags for 1 cup of water, to ensure it has a strong flavor once mixed with the almond milk and ice). Also, I let mind steep overnight because I knew I wasn’t going to be drinking it until the morning (hoping it would be stronger in the AM, not sure if it actually releases more flavor by brewing it over night but I think it does :P)
2. Mix 1/2 cup to 1 cup chai tea, 1 scoop protein powder, 1 cup almond milk, 2 pumps unsweetened SF Vanilla Syrup, and ice in blender, and blend!
2. (If you want an iced latte), mix all ingredients (except ice) in a shaker cup and SHAKE, SHAKE, SHAKE (Aka: Shake it well, so much so that the protein is dissolved.). Then pour over ice! Voila!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do and please feel free to share it with your bestie, and don’t forget to let me know which drink you prefer!!!